Tuesday 26 April 2011

.emma.x.



Why do I love Scotland? Well I was born there, why should I not love it?

I love it because it's where I have always lived I have grown up there. I am so proud to be Scottish. How can I explain to you my love for Scotland? I know how, I'll give you a list of all the things that make me love Scotland.

There are some amazing people (like me xD) in Scotland and most of us have a good spirit even when times are hard. This is a picture of Rab C. Nesbitt who is an alcoholic Glaswegian in a Scottish TV Show. He's just an example of an absolute bonkers but still amazing person xD


There are some beautiful sceneries and mountains in Scotland, you may recognise the second picture from Harry Potter. Loch Ness contains more water than all the lakes in England and Wales put together =]





 

We have our own national drink which I ADORE called Irn Bru. The drink is actually orange, nothing else tastes like it!. :) Unfortunately it's hard to find outside Scotland. 


Scotland has invented many things that are used all around the world. Like TV, telephones, penicillin, Auld Lang Syne (a song sung at New Year's all around the world) etc. I'm going to focus on the man who created the television,  he was called John Logie Baird and he was a poor man. He had to borrow money from friends and use whatever scrap materials he could to invent the first TV. His TV was made with an old hatbox, a pair of scissors, some darning needles, a few bicycle light lenses, a used tea chest, sealing wax and glue. Amazing, eh?

So now I hope you understand the reason for why I love Scotland and why I am proud to be born there. 

2 comments:

  1. Your entry makes me feel like a Scot which is cool...I'd lie to drink that drink one day =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really helped me to see a new side to Scotland. Thank you

    ReplyDelete